Interested in a career at an award-winning brewery? We'd love to hear from you! Send us an email to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Be sure to include the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email. Please, no hand-delivered resumes. Cheers!
Under the direction of the Quality Manager and senior Quality team members, the Quality Technician I works with brewing, cellar, and packaging teams to ensure consistent, high-quality product and timely release of finished beer.
While working in all areas of brewing Quality, responsibilities of the Quality Tech I may be concentrated in the individual’s area of expertise or educational background. The QTI performs Quality testing and works to learn brewing science and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (may vary according to area of expertise)
- Conduct aseptic sampling and microbiological analysis of in-process and finished beers
- Conduct analytical testing on raw materials and on in-process and finished beers
- Conduct environmental sampling throughout the brewery
- Perform package quality control checks
- Prepare microbiological media and analytical standards
- Perform yeast counts and calculate pitching rates
- Working with cellar team, monitor all fermentations, documenting and reporting any irregularities in fermentation performance
- Maintain detailed and accurate lab data
- Maintain safe, orderly, and clean laboratory
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Assist with daily taste panel and sensory panel training
- Collect and report sensory data
- Assist with writing and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to Quality
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, fermentation science, or food science
- Familiar with general laboratory instruments and techniques
- Working knowledge of brewing and packaging processes
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Possesses a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Is self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Is able to multitask and prioritize with little direction
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Observes safety procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
- Works safely with hazardous chemicals
- Maintains a positive working environment
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Is willing to adjust work schedule based on needs of the brewery
- Wears company-supplied PPE as required
- Maintains current TABC server certification
- Provides support during Real Ale events at the brewery
Paid Time Off • Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance • Employer paid Long-term Disability insurance • Simple IRA with Employer Matching • Voluntary Short-Term Disability insurance • Voluntary Additional Life insurance • and, of course, Beer and a beautiful Hill Country setting!
Deliver killer customer service to our Tap Room guests in Blanco!
Are you looking for a fun job that allows you to share your love of craft beer/cocktails AND make people happy? This is the job for you! Real Ale Brewing Co./Real Spirits Distilling Co is seeking a customer service pro who also has knowledge of beer, beer culture, craft cocktails and is ready to grow with us. This is great way to become a part of the Texas Craft Beer & Spirits industry and put your passion to work.
Job Summary This position requires great people skills, beer & spirits knowledge, and the ability to provide all of our brewery guests with a high quality Real Ale experience.(Please Note: If you are currently employed on the retail "tier" meaning a retail establishment where alcohol is served, you would not be allowed to hold this position concurrently. This is a TABC rule, not ours!)
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding, upbeat customer service while serving and selling Real Ale & Real Spirits
- Share accurate, relevant information about our beers, spirits and the story of Real Ale
- Restock kegs and bottles in the pub, and track inventory
- Assist with restocking the merchandise area
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment at all times
- Handle routine sales, cash and credit card processing, and reconcile daily sales
- Assist with all on-site events
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Follow opening and closing procedures according to SOP
- Stay up to date on new beers, beer culture and rotating cocktails
- Proactively offer ideas to improve processes and overall customer experience
- Other duties as necessary
- Must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays, and some weekdays (schedule will vary)
- Daily lifting of 50+lbs, and repeated bending and stooping, working in wet environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible with schedule
- Report to work on time
- Proper use and handling of chemicals
- Must wear company-supplied PPE as required
- Adhere to company policies
- Must be 21+ and maintain current TABC Server Certification & Food Handlers Certification
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness
- Provide support during Real Ale events at the brewery
- Competitive hourly rate + tips
- Ongoing training and development
- Work in the beautiful Hill Country
- Surrounded by awesome beer + spirits + people!
Real Ale Brewing Company, an award-winning Texas brewery established in 1996, is seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic sales professional to be our Director of Sales. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the largest regional independent craft brewers, selling beer and spirits throughout the state of Texas. The ideal candidate has proven experience in developing sales teams, managing distributor partners and chain relationships, as well as creating and executing innovative sales programs.
Job Summary: The Director of Sales is responsible for planning and implementing strategic sales initiatives, aligning distributor/sales team objectives and ensuring that product development programs are aligned with RABC’s brand identity, and are relevant in the Texas market. The Director will perform these duties personally and/or through the sales team, marketing team or other resources available at the brewery.
When you apply, please be sure to include a cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management
- Leads the strategic planning, budgeting, and execution of all sales initiatives
- Develops and implements creative and effective sales strategies to achieve customer awareness and reach RABC’s sales goals
- Recommends brand priorities, product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to produce highest possible long-term market share and stay competitive in the market
- Oversees and evaluates current market research & market conditions
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Organizes and attends market events across the state to supplement and support Sales Representatives
- Directs Chain Manager activities to maximize on/off chain relationships and opportunities
- Assists Creative Director in Point of Sale creation and delivery
- Provide leadership for team through ongoing development and training & collaboration to achieve goals
- Leads distributor market meetings with Sales Representatives, quarterly
- Develops positive relationships with distributor Sales Managers & Division Managers
- Supports distributor in on & off premise chain account management
- Monitors and manages inventory at distributor to ensure timely sell-through
- Manages and facilitates an effective Point of Sale system with distributor
- Presents and implements the Annual Business Plan and Sales Strategy with distributor
- Publishes Quarterly State of the Market Report for distribution to distributor management
- Proven experience establishing and managing sales teams (3- 5 years)
- Outside sales and business development experience (3- 5 years)
- Knowledge of the current Texas craft beer market
- Expertise in business plan development, presentation, and execution
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, including distribution partners
- Must be able to travel +/- 30% of time
Sampling Specialist (various locations)
Real Ale Brewing Company is an established and award-winning Texas brewery seeking an outgoing beer enthusiast to join our sampling team!
The ideal candidate will be passionate about craft beer, have terrific communication skills, and be able to represent our brands in a manner that exudes enthusiasm and knowledge while in the trade.
This will be a part time position that is perfect for the craft beer fan looking to get their feet wet in the craft beer industry.
The Sampling Specialist’s primary responsibility is to support samplings with our key off-premise retail partners. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up a sampling demo station, hand-selling Real Ale products, building relationships with Real Ale retail partners, and engaging with new consumers and fans alike. It is also the responsibility of the sampling specialist to submit the sampling execution reports to be shared and presented to RABC sales teams. This position reports directly to the area District Manager. (Please Note: If you are currently employed on the retail "tier" meaning a retail establishment where alcohol is served, you would not be allowed to hold this position concurrently. This is a TABC rule, not ours!)
Locations include: Central Dallas, Ft. Worth, West Texas, Hill Country, San Antonio, North Houston.
When you apply, please specify which market you are in!
• Represent Real Ale Brewing Company with passion, enthusiasm, and professionalism
• Conduct scheduled samplings at off premise retail establishments. Arrive on time and stay until end of scheduled event.• Merchandise off-premise accounts before and after samplings
• Assist in the building of off-premise displays
• Merchandise off-premise accounts before and after samplings
• Periodically conduct effective promotions at on-premise establishments and special events, though primary duties will be in off premise environment
• Support RABC Sales and Marketing Team in the market and across the state (as needed) with special events
• Provide timely and accurate sales, interaction, and marketing data from all off-premise samplings
All candidates for the RABC Sampling Team position must be:
• Highly motivated with an excellent work ethic
• Well-organized, intuitive, and possess a healthy sense of urgency
• An excellent communicator
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Outlook or other email platform
• Well-versed on the following key aspects after training has been completed:
o The complete history of Real Ale Brewing
o A strong understanding of all RABC products, including technical and brewing specifications, tasting notes and key selling points
o A solid understanding of the brewing process a plus – particularly how it applies to RABC’s brands
• Customer-focused and competent in problem solving
Position Requirements, Time, and Travel
• Must have a reliable transportation, in which you can transport tools for samplings
• Must have a clean driving record with no alcohol related offenses
• Must be 21+ and maintain current TABC Server Certification
• Must be available Thursday - Sunday
o Hours of work will be published in advance by the District Manager in which the sampling or special event is taking place.
• Time frame of work could include morning to afternoon some days, but will primarily require afternoons, and evenings to late evenings depending on the calendar of events and schedule.
• Hourly, paid semi-monthly
• This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position
• Reimbursement for of all sampling materials (beer samples, ice, cups, etc.) when expenses are submitted timely and according to established process
• Beer! All sampling team members will be eligible for up to (2) cases of Real Ale/month
When we have events here at the brewery, we're always looking for volunteers (unpaid) to come help us serve beer to thirsty customers!
If you're interested in volunteering for one of our events, please fill out this online form. All questions about volunteering can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org