Interested in a career at an award-winning brewery? We'd love to hear from you! Send us an email to jobs (at) realalebrewing.com with your cover letter and resume. Be sure to include the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email. Please, no hand-delivered resumes. Cheers!
Real Ale Brewing Company is an established and award-winning Texas brewery seeking an outgoing beer enthusiast to join our sampling team! The ideal candidate will be passionate about craft beer, have terrific communication skills, and be able to represent our brands in a manner that exudes enthusiasm and knowledge while in the trade. This will be a part time position that is perfect for the craft beer fan looking to get their feet wet in the craft beer industry.
The sampling team member’s responsibility is to support off premise samplings with our key off premise retail partners. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up a sampling demo station, hand-selling Real Ale products, building relationships with Real Ale retail partners, and engaging with new consumers and fans alike. It is also the responsibility of the sampling team member to manage their time for any travel to and from off premise samplings, as well as manage the sampling execution reports, to be shared and presented to RABC sales teams. Does this sound like a fun way to spend a few hours a week? We'd love to hear from you!
This position reports directly to the area District Manager.
- Represent Real Ale Brewing Company with passion and enthusiasm
- Spread the word about Real Ale Brewing Company
- Conduct scheduled samplings at off premise retail establishments
- Periodically conduct effective promotions at on-premise establishments and special events, though primary duties will be in off premise environment
- Merchandise off-premise accounts before and after samplings
- Assist in the building of off-premise displays
- Support RABC Sales and Marketing Team in the market and across the state (as needed) with special events
- Provide timely and accurate sales, interaction, and marketing data from all off-premise samplings
All candidates for the RABC Sampling Team position must be:
- Highly motivated with an excellent work ethic
- Well-organized, intuitive, and possess a healthy sense of urgency
- An excellent communicator
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Outlook or other email platform
- Customer-focused and competent in problem solving
- Must have a clean driving record, a reliable vehicle, and insurance
- Must maintain TABC Server Certification
- Must be available Thursday - Sunday
- This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position
- Reimbursement for of all sampling materials (beer samples, ice, cups, etc.)
Real Ale Brewing Co. is an established award-winning Texas (only!) brewery seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic beer professional. The ideal candidate will have previous sales experience, outstanding relationship building skills, knowledge of craft beer, and be both business and customer minded. In addition, this job requires the ability to problem solve on the fly, as well as follow through on commitments to our customers, distributor, and fans alike. This position will be based out of Austin, TX.
The Sales Representative’s responsibility is to support the brewery and our distributor by growing sales, establishing and maintaining relationships in the on/off premise market, and being a brand ambassador for Real Ale Brewing Co. It is also the responsibility of the Sales Representative to manage an assigned territory, execute promotions and support the initiatives and objectives of the brewery’s brand strategy.
Please read on to learn more about this position and qualifications. If you think this is the job for you, we’d love to hear from you - please send cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increase sales within designated market territory
- Secure new tap placements within on-premise market
- Assist distributor with the sales and marketing of all Real Ale products primarily in the ATX and Central Texas market(s), as well as other markets in the state as needed
- Maintain consistent market visitation schedule among all assigned territories; work quarterly target account list and visitation schedule including chain and independent on/off-premise accounts
- Schedule and attend on/off-premise tastings, promotions and special events
- Create and maintain a professional business relationship with distributor’s Sales Manager(s), Sales Rep Team and Operations Staff
- Establish schedule for and perform market audits for all accounts to ensure product freshness
- Collect sales data and set goals and agenda(s) for quarterly distributor meetings
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends in the ATX, Central Texas market(s)
- Responsible for an expense account for promotional and relationship development purposes
- Provide weekly market summary reports to management
- Increase the number of on/off-premise accounts via cold calls
- Manage personal point of sale (POS) inventory within distributor warehouse and facilitate support when necessary
- Preserve and develop the Real Ale brand
- Maintain new accounts and ensure that they will develop into long-term partners
- Develop knowledge of beer styles and competitors in the market place
- Increase distribution, displays, on/off-premise features and promotions, staff trainings, beer dinners and POS placements
- Schedule, organize and attend Community Support Events in order to promote Real Ale
- Perform monthly market ride along(s) with distributor Sales Rep Team, when applicable
- Monitor product inventory levels within distributor warehouse and facilitate support when necessary
- Develop and analyze reports via VIP software to set and monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual market objectives
- Maintain professional image and demeanor at all times
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Presentation skills including the ability to conduct creative and informative presentations
- Excellent business analytic skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Time management skills
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must hold a valid driver’s license without any alcohol related offenses
- Must be able to drive long distances regularly, in your own vehicle
- Flexible schedule, must be able to work outside of regular business hours, including nights and weekends
- Occasional lifting of up to 45 lbs.
- Must maintain current TABC Server certification
- Must provide space to function as a home office
Paid Time Off • Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance • Employer paid Long-term Disability insurance • Simple IRA with Employer Matching • Voluntary Short-Term Disability insurance • Voluntary Additional Life insurance • and, of course, Beer and a beautiful Hill Country setting!
When we have events here at the brewery, we're always looking for volunteers (unpaid) to come help us serve beer to thirsty customers!
If you're interested in volunteering for one of our events, please fill out this online form. All questions about volunteering can be directed to email@example.com